Saturday, January 7, 2012

Christmas Card(board) - Name's The Same

Colbey over at Cardboard Collections sent me a Christmas card!
  
(What's that you say?  Christmas was 2 weeks ago?  Well...I'm a little behind.)

 
1996 Leaf Signature Series - #138 - Keith Lockhart
That was a very nice gesture -- He tossed this little beauty in there.  This is an on-card auto of Keith Lockhart from the 1996 Leaf Signature Series.  COMC says this was out of 3500(!).  Poor Keith -- his signing hand must have been so tired.  I guess that's not as bad as Marshall Faulk signing all those cards for the Madden game -- that took him months!  But I digress...

I had actually forgotten that Keith Lockhart had played for the Royals.  I remembered him as a Brave. He was mostly an IF platoon guy during his time in KC.

This brings up another thing -- famous people with the same name.  There's lots of them!  Both within sports and sports/non-sports combos.  Baseball Keith Lockhart is not even the #1 Keith Lockhart google result.  It's this guy:
Smug Keith Lockhart
This Keith Lockhart is the conductor of the Boston Pops Orchestra.  If you grew up with only 5 TV channels like I did, you inevitably came across PBS showing the Boston Pops on the 4th of July and this guy was front-and-center.  It takes a certain amount of compulsiveness to be a professional orchestra conductor -- worrying about little details that most of your audience doesn't understand or won't notice.  That's gotta wear on a guy.  That and wearing cummerbunds every day... :-)

Do any of you guys remember EITHER of these Keith Lockharts?

4 comments:

  1. Nope. I did once buy my wife a pair of real conductor sticks in a nice rosewood case.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually working on a post on this subject. Hopefully it'll appear in a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember watching the conductor on PBS. I liked him because he was young and energetic. I don't remember the ball player.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too remember the baseball player Keith Lockhart playing for the Braves...but that's about it!

    I can't believe I wasn't following your blog before. Signed up today.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...