Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Chasing Down Some Chicle

I have a 2-year-old son.  I'm still new to this whole blogging thing.  I am also very lazy.

Those are the three main things that contributed to me not hooking up my new scanner for over 2 months.  And since I didn't have a scanner connected, I didn't want to show the results of any of my trades.  But tonight, a sudden wave of productivity washed over me, and I installed the darn thing.  And it works great! 

Back in September, Justin at The Hopeful Chase and I worked out a trade through Zistle.  These guys came my way in one of the familiar yellow bubble mailers.
2010 National Chicle Royals (#152 / #153 / #20)

AWESOME.  Love me some David DeJesus (and all Kansas City Royals), and Alex Gordon is on the way up.  I never got attached to Rick Ankiel as a Royal (there wasn't enough time before he was traded!), but I mostly collect the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back. 

There was one other card I had requested of him:
2010 National Chicle - # 65 - Clayton Kershaw

Art/Painted cards are some of my favorite, and I thought this one was cool-looking.  Besides, aren't there some Kershaw Kollectors (yes, I just made that up) that are reading this now?  If anyone needs it, it's for trade.

Finally, as the blogging veterans know and I am still discovering -- the generosity of many out there is so great as to add "throw-ins" of extra stuff the recipient might like.  Justin was generous to me and tossed in these two beauties:

2011 Topps Stickers!! - Alex Gordon and Mike Moustakas - Number 73 and 76.

These were my first 2011 stickers (believe it or not) and was happy to see them.  Just a few more needed for the complete base set.  :-)

So, thanks again, Justin!  You can see his whole post on what I gave him (Eddie Murrays).  It was a very smooth trade, and if you ever get a chance to trade with him I would jump on it.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the cards! I was the same way with my scanner. Took me forever to get it up to Chicago and didn't want to post any trades until it was up and running. Oh and I'm lazy, too!

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...