Sunday, October 2, 2011

Month in Review - September 2011



First off, I now have 15 followers/subscribers, whooo!!!  Thanks for getting in on the ground floor. I will be running a contest for my followers before the year is over that will have 10+ winners and should have some fun elements (by which I mean mystery cards and stealing things from other people). 

There are so many great blogs out there, and it is hard to keep up with all the opinions, insight, and just plain fun that some of these blogs are providing.  Out of the 300+ active blogs on the Sports Card Blogroll, I follow around 40...any more than that and I fall behind, then delete my reader queue and just start over.  I wish I could get all the best articles from one source, but "best" is clearly subjective.

However, I can share my "best" with you guys.  I came up with the idea to do a "Month in Review" of my favorite posts from other blogs over the past month (I thought about this last week, so this is more like 1/3-month in review).  Here were the ones that I found significantly helpful, insightful, funny, or creative.

September 2011
1) Great Sports Name Hall of Fame -- Card Finding Tips: Online Stores
GSNHOF lists 13 different e-commerce sites for buying cards.  Had I already heard of several of these?  Yes.  Had I heard of them all?  Definitely not.

2) Indians Baseball Cards -- "Diminished Capacity" movie
IBC's post introduced us to this movie, which was new to me.  It's on my shortlist "to-see" for the near future.  I still haven't seen "The Blind Side" yet (really, Josh?  Yes, REALLY), so this will have to wait until after that.

3) Sewingmachineguy -- Jason Hanson is Great
This post has a ProLine NFL card.  I loved those things when they came out and still do.  They were weirder than usual, but still "normal" enough to get printed.

4) Napkin Doon -- "Doonboggle"
Anyone who is adding new a new word(play) to the collector's lexicon gets mad props from me.

There you have it.  That's what caught my eye in the last 10 days.  I'll be back with a bigger list at the end of October.  If anyone sees a post somewhere that you think is exceptional, please let me know.  I will try to keep my eyes open to get a broader range of excellent posting on here next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...