Tuesday, August 7, 2018

More Than One Penny Sleeve

Longtime blogger (and new Twitter Buddy) Jon from A Penny Sleeve For Your Thoughts went on a generosity streak after finding a ton of Topps Buybacks for sale.  He asked me if I wanted some.  Of course I do!

His mailer arrived with these six "REDISCOVER TOPPS" stamped buybacks.  I love the 1987 Topps set anyway, so getting new versions for these are great!  Especially Willie Wilson.  The cards on the top are all silver-stamped, while the three on the bottom are bronze-stamped.  



However, that was not all that was in the package - Jon included two unexpected manu-relics, also!


The Jackie Robinson buyback is beautiful, contrasting the blue in the Royals uniform to the blue in the medallion.  Moose's 1st Home Run is my second one of these relics -- the first was Alex Gordon.

Thank you, Jon!  These are much appreciated and will find a great home!

  

4 comments:

  1. At just 50 cents apiece, I figured I couldn't go wrong on those relics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 cents?? That's the deal of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great buybacks. Willie Wilson was the man back in the day. That guy could seriously run.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Willie. Great cards. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...