Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Stealing Home Every Night

I've been away for awhile, but had to jump in and post two gift packages that recently landed in my mailbox.

First, Peter at "Baseball Every Night" was giving away team slots from his recent Series 2 purchase, so I snatched up the Royals from that. 

My fave pickups here were the Alex Gordon gold parallel, along with a Matt Strahm insert.

There were lots of new cards to me here -- good to see a card of Cheslor Cuthbert -- but can't help but wonder why Peter O'Brien got a card when he never made the 25-man roster for us and was waived by us in May (then waived by the Reds....then waived by the Rangers...).

Thank you so much, Peter!  Everyone remember to send him your Kruk and Strawberry cards!

Right after that one came, I got one from Stealing Home at "All Trade Bait" -- He was running a Big Fun Game of his own and my selection of Lot #6 netted me a big pile of rookies.  Here were my favorites from that stack.

Everybody was so young in these pictures!  Mostly I remember Charlie Hough as the first pitcher ever for the Marlins.  He was 45 when he did that (in 1993), so I would say he had a little longevity in the game of baseball.

These are great!  Thank you, sir!!!

I may be vanishing again soon...baby #3 is due in two weeks, so who knows how that will change everything.

A bientot!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you hit a contest win before your next vanishing act. Enjoy, sir! And congrats on your new baby! :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...