Thursday, June 5, 2014

Ton of Bricks - The Randoms

Last year, before I moved and before the new baby was born, I had a bomb dropped on me.  That bomb was the inaugural "Ton of Bricks" package sent out by Wes at Jaybarkerfan's Junk.  This was not one PWE.  This was not one bubble mailer.  This was a MEDIUM FLAT RATE BOX full of the best collecting stuff that I could possibly imagine.  I didn't have my scanner hooked-up yet, and knew that this Ton of Bricks would require a Ton of Posts about it.  Tonight, for the first time in 6 months, I've got my scanner running and knew I had to start this series.

Inside this box were 9 separate envelopes labeled as such:
1) "Some Randoms"
2) "Some Royals"
3) "Don't You Collect This Guy?"
4) "More Of The Guy I Think You Collect"
5) "Do You Know This Guy?"
6) "Now I'm Going To Toy With You"
7) "You May Want These"
8) "Do You Need This Card?"
9) "Hope This Is A Good Finish"

Let's start at the beginning, shall we?

I opened up the "Some Randoms" packet.  Minis....Ginter....Football...Politics...and one Padre (although not of the San Diego variety).  Here's a sampling of all the stuff he sent -- it was way too much to scan it all.

Some ships.

Some Presidents.

A mustache.


Governor Jack Markell -- he's still the current governor of Delaware.  This is my first Governor card.  I don't even have a Schwarzenegger yet!


America's Sweethearts.

 A couple of smarties.

Roller Derby????  Why.


I think more outfits should have epaulets.  Like pajamas and tank tops and stuff with epaulets.  Maybe find a way to put epaulets on pants.  I'd be for that.

Ski bunnies.  To the lodge!


 Politicianizer....


TEBOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW!!!!  I still like him, even if his gig isn't on the field anymore.

And finally, the Padre:
JOCULARITY!!!!  I will count this as a boxing card.  Mulcahy had quite the tough jab.

 So, that's part 1 of 9.  It's gonna be a good ride.  JBF rocks.







 

2 comments:

  1. That Gerald Ford card is neat. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot what all was in there. Let's get it on

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...