Friday, August 21, 2020

Is it Football Season Yet?

 


I have done a pretty good job of staying AWAY from the Ebay during quarantine, but during a little browsing the other night, this caught my eye.  It's got TWO Iowa State guys in Montgomery and Butler, so this fits my collection quite nicely.  Montgomery had a decent rookie season for the Bears, and Butler got hurt in camp and missed the whole thing.  He is ready to show this year that he was worth that 4th round selection.  

This one is #/25 and has two jersey pieces.  The Montgomery is from the shoulder stripe, while the Butler is a patch corner.  Shipped it was well under $10, so I consider that a much better purchase than buying a box of NT and hoping for some Cyclones.  

Question:  Do you have any cards that show two (or more) of your player collections on one card?

3 comments:

  1. Nice card. I don't think I have anything that quite fits your question, the closest would be a Hakeem Olajuwon/Clyde Drexler patch card. Not as nice of patches as those though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a bunch of inserts that fall into this category, the "worst" being a 1997-98 Bowman's Best Mirror Image with Tracy McGrady, Grant Hill, Kevin Garnett, and Shareef Abdur-Rahim on it. I collect all four guys, and have switched who the card should be stored with multiple times now... it truly is the severest of first-world problems :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card. Love the patch and the shoulder stripe. I have a few cards featuring Gwynn and Henderson on the same card:

    https://sanjosefuji.blogspot.com/2014/06/two-is-sometimes-better-than-one.html

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...